UPC applicants (or those students thinking of applying to the UPC course) are strongly encouraged to try the sample tests in the subjects they are likely to select to study on the UPC course. The sample test below is designed to give an idea of the style and level of the questions that will be asked on the actual UPC entrance tests. Entrance tests are usually taken by UPC applications in the their home country and should be undertaken in strict test conditions.
All the UPC entrance tests comprise of 30 multiple-choice questions and the sample tests are taken as a whole. Feedback on your answers is given on completion.
The score you receive for the sample test will be based only on your first attempt at answering the questions.
Answering at least 50% of the questions correctly is a good indication that you may be ready to take the UPC entrance tests and if you have not already done so, you should think about submitting an application for the course. You should also see the list of the other entrance requirements for UPC admission.
Guidance on taking the sample test:
- There are 30 questions. The questions are multiple-choice and you should select the correct answer.
- You can take the test in full as 30 consecutive questions or in sections of 5.
- You should answer as many questions as possible. Do not worry if you are not able to answer all the questions.
- You should not use a calculator.
- 60 minutes is the maximum allowed when taking the actual UPC entrance tests after submitting an application for the course.
- You must complete the real tests without help from any other person.
- You can use a dictionary to help you understand the questions, but in the real tests you MUST NOT use any maths or science textbooks or websites to help you complete the test.
- An applicant may take the entrance test without a UCL representative present. However, please note that successful UPC applicants enrolling as UPC students will be re-tested when they begin the UPC course. If the result of this re-test clearly shows that a student has not originally complied with the test instructions above and the student is at a level too low for successful attendance of the UPC course, the student may be asked to leave the course without any refund of course fees.